Friday, May 4, 2012

Tell Me Something Really Interesting

Most people say there's just too much information flow, but as a news junkie, and someone who likes to follow current events, I can't ever seem to get enough. Of course, I avoid all the Hollywood drivel, and I don't bother to waste my time on Facebook, so I probably have an extra four hours a day to read through the scientific news, world events, economic issues, and real important matters going on throughout the world. Okay so, the other day I actually ran out of things to read, and long about Friday I'm completely caught up, and looking for more information.

Therefore, I typed into the search engine; "tell me something really interesting?" The funny thing is that I came to an Internet forum that had a thread with that exact title. It was cool, because there were many interesting things on that page, albeit much of it was akin to Jeopardy questions and incidental information you might find on a computerized Trivial Pursuit game. Luckily, I found enough interesting topics to pique my curiosity, and I spent the next hour or so surfing around learning new things. That was nice.

If you are looking for something really fun to do, and to learn intellectual interesting things, I recommend that you go to; Google Scholar and type in the last name of someone that you know, who you think is the smartest person you've ever met. Then look at what other folks with the same surname have written in the way of research papers. You should be able to find research papers which are available free to the public as you search around a little bit.

You might even find that some of these folks have patented really interesting inventions and innovations. If you dedicate your mind to thinking, you will definitely learn something new. Well, it is amazing how fast an hour can go by while you are surfing around learning new things, and it's good to keep your mind wrapped up at a higher level than some of the nonsense on the social networking sites or the popular celebrity news syndicated media sites.

Another thing you can do is go to a website called "Udemy" and check out some of the academic professor lectures. There are a good number which are free, and there are also many which charge a nominal fee for University level educational videos. Not everything on the Internet is a bunch of garbage, and there is no sense in letting your mind melt, soaking up all that crap. Isn't it time you took it to a higher level? Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.

Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on Future Concepts. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank;

No comments:

Post a Comment