Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Communication and Culture

When speaking with people from other cultures I try not to treat them any differently, but I sometimes will speak slower just to keep the pace of the conversation down because it sometimes takes me longer to understand them. I really do not like it when I see others speaking loudly to people from other cultures and I often wander why we sometimes can treat them like they are ignorant.

Based on what I have learned this week, three strategies I would use to communicate more effectively is:

1. Ask questions, pause and listen to them before responding.
2. Treat others the way you think they would want you to treat them.
3. Develop appropriate knowledge on the persons culture before you communicate with them

No comments:

Post a Comment