Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Codes of Ethics

NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct Ideals that are meaningful to me :

Ideals 1-1.1- To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to stay informed through continuing education and training.
This is meaningful to me because I feel to be a competent and knowledgeable leader you have to have a good knowledge base and be willing to contine your education and training. 

Ideal 1-1.5- To create and maintain safe and healthy settings that foster children's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and that respect their dignity and their contributions.
This ideal is especially meaningful to me in that this is what I try and do in my current position.  I want to be able to mentor others to create and maintain a safe and healthy setting for children in all developmental domains. I feel it is very important for children to be treated as individuals with a voice so that they can feel valued and contributing to their environment.

DEC Code of Ethics:

3.  We shall strive for the highest level of personal and professional competence by seeking and using new evidence based information to improve our practices while also responding openly to the suggestions of others.
This one is again significant to my professional life to gain competence and respect in the field.  I believe it is important to be open to suggestions of others also, as to keep open communication and collaboration in the Early Childhood community.   

No comments:

Post a Comment